The time was broken down this way:
- 10 minutes for prepared speeches from each side
- 2 minutes of silent prayer
- 10 minutes for small groups of 3-4 to discuss
- 7 minutes for people from the floor to speak for/against each petition (9)
- moment of silence
- closing prayer from those who gave 10 minutes for and against
We do not vote until Thursday morning. I don't get to vote, but I get to wear all the propaganda I want:) I have on pins, stoles, bells and ribbons making my stance clear.
Coverage of our conference in the strib.
A former Bemidji pastor: Lyle Christiansen spoke for this issue. A retired lesbian clergy Jean Audry Powers spoke to the motion. The retired clergy are a force for these issues. There is even a reconciling retired clergy caucus.
Ack! A young Marzan from Crossroads is speaking against (so misguided).
Somehow people see this as an attack on gay people who have changed to heterosexuality - I don't see that.
I get the feeling that these petitions are going to pass. That's encouraging.