Soon we'll be able to put down drop cloths to do some painting.
Right now, we're stuck in the kitchen for any other work we want to do, while the basement is neglected and used for storage. So far we took the shelves off the walls, removed the stove hood and moved the stove away from the wall. Anthony also removed the industrial black plastic trim and all of its ridiculous glue and caulk.
Here he is scrapping glue from where the new trim will go.
We brought the extra cabinet with the blue counter top downstairs. I'm thinking it will stay in the laundry room permanently. The previous owners glued as well as screwed the shelf to the wall, so it took off quite a bit of paint when it was removed.
We sanded the holes down and filled them with spackle. This paint also had fuzz in it, so we sanded the walls to knock that down and to remove some of the paint finish so our primer sticks better. Then I got started washing the walls and ceiling (we're going to paint the ceilings).
Our electrical is scheduled to be upgraded on Monday and hopefully he'll get the washer and dryer outlet working so we can test them out. We ordered our new appliances from Sears on Sunday and they will be delivered next week! Also, we plan to move in on Saturday and my dad wants to help us paint that day. Gah, so much to do to prep.